20 Minute Online Professional Development
The Monday Morning Mentor series will be available over the fall semester to bring you professional development in twenty minute snippets. The topic for the week of September 25th is How Can I Implement UDL in the Next 20 Minutes? The presentation is available Monday at 10:00am and is accessible through Sunday of that week. For information on accessing the presentation and supplemental materials, please view the Bulletin or the email version of iDevelop.
More information about this session (including description, topics, and learning goals) is available at https://www.magnapubs.com/online/mentor/how-can-i-implement-UDL-in-the-next-20-minutes-14196-1.html. The complete fall schedule of Monday Morning Mentor sessions is available at http://nscclets.blogspot.com/2017/09/20-minute-mentor-online-faculty.html.
Looking for transcripts of past Monday Morning Mentor sessions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the session title and we can provide you with the transcript and supplementary materials.
Other Professional Development Opportunities
- Meet a Muslim: This year, NSCC’s Office of Student Engagement will be offering four co-curricular programming events -- two this fall semester and two in the spring. The theme for this year is "Respect and Inclusion" (from the college’s Mission statement). The first one, Meet a Muslim, will take place on Wednesday, September 27th from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Danvers MS119. The event will also be shown on Facebook live on the NSCC Facebook page so that Lynn members can also participate. Faculty can bring their classes or encourage students to attend. Please email email@example.com if you have questions or to let Dennis Hicks that you will be bringing a class. Attached to the iDevelop email is a document with Learning Outcomes that are designed as a resource for faculty who choose to connect their teaching with these co-curricular interfaith events. If you would like support regarding assessment strategies, please contact Cate Kaluzny. In addition to the attached bibliography (see iDevelop email), there is a Diversity Module available on Blackboard Learn that has a section on Islamophobia. If you are interested in accessing those videos, please contact Andrea Milligan and she will add you to the course.
- Universal Design for Learning Guidelines http://www.udlcenter.org/sites/udlcenter.org/files/updateguidelines2_0.pdf
- How Universal Design for Learning can help the LMS reach every learner https://www.ecampusnews.com/ed-tech-leadership/udl-lms-reach-every-learner/
- Top 5 UDL Tips for Learning Environments http://castprofessionallearning.org/project/top-5-udl-tips-for-learning-environments/
- Top 10 UDL Tips for for Designing an Engaging Learning Environment http://castprofessionallearning.org/project/top-10-udl-tips-for-engagement/
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Instruction - A Checklist for Inclusive Teaching http://www.washington.edu/doit/equal-access-universal-design-instruction
We hope you have enjoyed this weekly eNewsletter and would love your input. Please let us know if you have any feedback on the format, content, and resources or if there is anything else you would like to see in the eNewsletter.
Center for Teaching, Learning, and Innovation