20 Minute Online Professional Development: How Do I Use VoiceThread for Online Student Discussions?
The Monday Morning Mentor series will be available over the fall semester to bring you professional development in twenty minute snippets. The topic for the week of August 24th is How Do I Use VoiceThread for Online Student Discussions? The presentation is available Monday at 10:00am and is accessible through Sunday of that week. For information on accessing the presentation and supplemental materials, please view the email version of iDevelop.
More information about this session (including description, topics, and learning goals) is available at http://www.magnapubs.com/online/mentor/how-do-i-use-voicethread-for-online-student-discussion-3117-1.html.
The complete fall schedule of Monday Morning Mentor sessions is available at http://nscclets.blogspot.com/2015/08/20-minute-mentor-online-faculty.html.
Other Professional Development Opportunities
- Blackboard Learn Workshops. Blackboard Learn is now available for all faculty members teaching face-to-face, hybrid, or online courses. ITD is offering a series of Blackboard Learn workshops this week on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. To view the complete schedule of workshop sessions (with descriptions) and to RSVP, please visit this web site: https://goo.gl/J5ngLA.
To stay current on professional development opportunities offered by Instructional Technology over the academic year, be sure to:
- Read the Learning, Education, Technology and Support (LETS) Blog at http://nscclets.blogspot.com/. ITD’s goal with this blog is to provide an informative and useful resource for faculty and staff by highlighting events, spotlighting projects, and presenting current information around instructional technology while also providing a growing pool of resources, recommendations, tools, and materials for teaching and learning purposes.
- "Like" the North Shore Community College Academic Technology Page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/myNSCC.acadtech. On the Academic Technology Facebook page, AT provides information about upcoming professional development opportunities, links to interesting articles on integrating technology into the teaching and learning environment, and presents tips on using the various instructional technology resources.
- 7 Things You Should Know About…VoiceThread
- Using VoiceThread to Build Student Engagement
ITD has a department license to VoiceThread. If you are interested in learning more about incorporating VoiceThread in your classes, please contact ITD at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to brainstorm ideas and help you get started.
We hope you enjoy this weekly eNewsletter and would love your input. Please let us know if you have any feedback on the format, content, and resources or if there is anything else you would like to see in the eNewsletter.
Instructional Technology and Design and the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment