Information on how to access the 20 Minute Mentor sessions is available each week in the Bulletin.
New video presentations go live at 10:00am each Monday morning and are only accessible through Sunday. Presentation handouts and supplementary materials are always available.
The following sessions are on the schedule for fall 2013. For session descriptions, objectives, and mentor bios, click on the titles below.
- September 2nd - How Do I Assign Students to Groups?
- September 9th - How Do I Promote Deep Learning Through Critical Reflection?
- September 16th - Can I Safely Use Facebook with Students for Class Interaction?
- September 23rd - How Do I Get Started with the Virtual Classroom?
- September 30th - How Can I Properly and Legally Dismiss a Student from Class?
- October 7th - How Can I Use Frequent Student Feedback to Improve My Course?
- October 14th - Learner-Centered Teaching: Where Should I Start?
- October 21st - How Should I Manage My Online Course?
- October 28th - How Can I Successfully Build Community in My Classroom?
- November 4th - How Can I Use Discussion to Facilitate Learning?
- November 11th - What Learning Activities Help Veterans Succeed?
- November 18th - How Do I Create More Effective Mini-Lectures?
- November 25th - What Three Things Can I Do to Improve My Blended Course?
- December 2nd - Can I Safely Send Group Text Messages to Students for Free?
- December 9th - How Can I Use a Total Point System to Clarify Grading?