Video Anywhere is a tool in ANGEL (also in Blackboard) that allows faculty to easily record a video from a webcam and embed that video directly into any of the text box editors throughout ANGEL (for example, Announcements, Pages, Discussion Forums, Drop Boxes, etc.).
- Thursday, August 21st from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in Danvers DB 202
Google Documents for Collaboration and Communication
Looking for a way to promote student collaboration on a project? Need a simple way for students to share documents or give presentations? Want to collect information from your students quickly? Then Google Documents is for you. This workshop will present the benefits of using NSCC’s Google Documents application in the classroom to easily create, edit, and share documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Thursday, August 21st from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in Danvers DB 202
New to ANGEL
The New to ANGEL workshop is designed to familiarize faculty with ANGEL and introduce basic course building functionality. In this workshop, participants will learn to: navigate around the course site, add different types of content, organize content in folders, and enable the course for student access. While the college migrates to Blackboard, ANGEL will be available for faculty to use during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Thursday, August 21st from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in Danvers DB 202
- Wednesday, August 27th from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in Danvers DB 202
- Tuesday, September 2nd from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in Lynn LW 305
Blackboard Learn Sneak Peek
Over the 2014-2015 academic year, the college will be migrating to a new learning management system, Blackboard Learn. This session will provide participants with an opportunity to get a sneak peek at some of the features and functionality of Blackboard Learn as well as learn more about the implementation timeframe and the course migration process from ANGEL.
- Wednesday, August 27th from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in Danvers DB202
Open Educational Resources
This session will provide an overview of what open educational resources are, how faculty can find and evaluate them, ideas for using them in classes, and their role in the community college to help make textbooks more affordable to students.
- Wednesday, August 27th from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in Danvers DB 202
Come and find out all of the little ins and outs of using a Smart Classroom here at North Shore Community College. We will also share with you best practices when using one of these rooms. You will have the opportunity to try out the technology for yourself.
- Friday, August 29th from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in Danvers HPSS 226
- Tuesday, September 2nd from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Lynn LW 323
- Monday, September 8th from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in Danvers HPSS 226
- Friday, September 9th from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. in Lynn LW 323
We hope to see you at the workshops! If you are unable to attend or are interested in learning more about other instructional technologies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to schedule a one-on-one session.