Thursday, September 11, 2014

20 Minute Mentor - Online Faculty Professional Development - Fall Schedule

The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment and Academic Technology have partnered up again to bring faculty a professional development series from Magna Publications, called the 20 Minute Mentor. The goal of the  20 Minute Mentor series is to offer faculty practical professional development opportunities in twenty minute snippets that can be accessed from anywhere and at any time during the given week. Session topics cover the areas of student engagement, teaching and learning, teaching online, assessment and learning goals, and classroom management.
Word cloud of content within the blog.

Information on how to access the  20 Minute Mentor sessions is available each week in the Bulletin and the iDevelop e-newsletter.

New video presentations (with supplementary materials) go live at 10:00am each Monday morning and are only accessible through Sunday.

The following sessions are on the schedule for fall 2014.  
  • August 25th - How Do I Include Introverts in Class Discussions?
  • September 1st - How Do I Address Teasing and Bullying Behavior in the Classroom?
  • September 8th - How Can I Be an Effective Mentor?
  • September 15th - How Can I Enhance Students’ Self-Regulated Learning Skills?
  • September 22nd - How Can I Structure a Flipped Lesson?
  • September 29th - What Do Students Want in Online Courses?
  • October 6th - Linking, Embedding & Streaming: What’s Legal? What’s Not?
  • October 13th - What Are 5 FAQ's About Faculty Roles in the Flipped Class?
  • October 20th - What Does Copyright Ownership Mean to Me?
  • October 27th - What Happens to Learning when Students Multitask?
  • November 3rd - How Can I Enhance the Impact of Feedback in Online Classes?
  • November 10th - How Can I Make My Course Content More Accessible? 
  • November 17th - What Is Storyboarding? And How Can It Help Me Flip My Class? 
  • November 24th - What Are Five Tips for Writing Effective Learning Outcomes?
  • December 1st - How Can I Design Copyright Compliant Online Courses?
  • December 8th - Where Can I Find Flippable Moments in My Classes?
     
We would love to hear your feedback on the usefulness of these sessions. Please send your input to itd@northshore.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment