Accessing Blackboard Learn
Blackboard Learn can be accessed through Pipeline. Once faculty and students have logged into Pipeline, they will see a Blackboard icon at the top right of the screen. Click on that icon to access Blackboard Learn. If this is the first time in Blackboard Learn, a gray welcome screen will appear - just click on the Close link to be brought to the My Home tab.
On the My Home tab, there will be a My Courses module with links to all instructors' course sites from 2014-2015. If the course list is not group by term/semester, click on the gears icon (top right corner of the My Courses module) to access the settings for that module. Then check off Group by Term and click Submit to save.
Copying a Course
To copy a previous course site into a new one in Blackboard Learn:
- Go into the course site that has the content to copy. In the Control Panel, expand the Packages and Utilities section and click Course Copy.
- On the next screen, in the “Select Copy Type” section, make sure Copy Course Materials into Existing Course is selected in the drop down menu.
- Now, in the “Select Copy Options” section, next to the Destination Course ID field, click Browse. Then, find and select the Course ID for the new course (the one you want to put the content into). Click Submit.
- Select the Course Materials that you want to copy over to the new course. Usually, Select All is the best choice, although you might not want to copy announcements.
- If Select All is not used, make sure to include Grade Center Columns and Settings if Assignments and/or Tests are being copied.
- Also, under Discussion Board, select Include only the forums, with no starter posts if threads are not created by the instructor for students to respond to. If not, all student threads will copy over as anonymous and they will need to be deleted.
- In the “File Attachments” section, keep the default settings.
- In the “Enrollments” section, keep the Include Enrollments in the Copy box unchecked.
- Click Submit.
Make Your Course Available
All Blackboard Learn course sites are unavailable to students by default. Here are the directions for making the course site available to your students. To open your course:
- Go into the course site.
- On the Control Panel, expand the "Customization" section and click Properties.
- On the next screen, in the "Set Availability" section, select Yes to make the course available.
- Click Submit.
If faculty have already been using Blackboard Learn for their courses, please check out this handy reference at http://goo.gl/pZbUZ8 to help prepare a Blackboard Learn course site for a new semester.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Blackboard Learn Helpdesk at email@example.com if there are any issues with Blackboard Learn.