20 Minute Online Professional Development: How Can I Enhance Class Using Story, Popular Media and Objects?
The Monday Morning Mentor series will be available over the spring semester to bring you professional development in twenty minute snippets. The topic for the week of March 28th is How Can I Enhance Class Using Story, Popular Media and Objects? The presentation is available Monday at 10:00am and is accessible through Sunday of that week. For information on accessing the presentation and supplemental materials, please view the Bulletin or the email version of iDevelop.
More information about this session (including description, topics, and learning goals) is available at http://www.magnapubs.com/online/mentor/how-can-i-enhance-class-using-story-popular-media-and-objects-3162-1.html. The complete spring schedule of Monday Morning Mentor sessions is available at http://nscclets.blogspot.com/2015/12/20-minute-mentor-online-faculty.html.
Other Professional Development Opportunities
- Paws For a Cause. A First Year Experience course is participating in a service-learning project where they are hosting a fundraiser for Operation Delta Dog, a local nonprofit whose mission is to rescue homeless dogs and train them to work as service dogs for veterans with PTSD and TBI. The event will be held on April 24th from 11-2 at Ipswich River Park in North Reading. There will be music, food, vendors, activities for kids and dogs, a raffle, etc. Please come and support a small group of 7 students in their undertaking of a tremendous task (and cross your fingers for good weather)! If you would like to donate but cannot make the event, there is a GoFundMe link: http://gofundme.com/hqtkdp38.
- Effective Educational Videos
- Using Media to Enhance Teaching and Learning
- The Pedagogical Benefits of Using Video for Teaching and Learning
- Guidelines for Video in Teaching and Learning
Share your Teaching Strategies
In what ways do you use story, videos, popular media, and other objects to enhance your classes? Are there any other great resources that you would like to share with faculty on this topic? Send an email with your teaching strategies, best practices, or resources to email@example.com and we will share them in the next few issues of iDevelop.
We hope you have enjoyed this weekly eNewsletter and would love your input. Please let us know if you have any feedback on the format, content, and resources or if there is anything else you would like to see in the eNewsletter.