20 Minute Online Professional Development: What is Essential in a Grading Policy?
The Monday Morning Mentor series will be available over the fall semester to bring you professional development in twenty minute snippets. The topic for the week of September 5th is What is Essential in a Grading Policy? The presentation is available Monday at 10:00am and is accessible through Sunday of that week. For information on accessing the presentation and supplemental materials, please view the Bulletin or the email version of iDevelop.
More information about this session (including description, topics, and learning goals) is available at http://www.magnapubs.com/online/mentor/what-is-essential-in-a-grading-policy-13724-1.html The complete fall schedule of Monday Morning Mentor sessions is available at http://nscclets.blogspot.com/2016/08/20-minute-mentor-online-faculty.html.
Other Professional Development Opportunities
- Blackboard Learn Open Labs. Need help with Blackboard Learn? Over the next 2 weeks, ITD will be offering a series of Open Labs in Danvers and Lynn. Please feel free to stop by for assistance. View the complete Open Lab Schedule at http://nscclets.blogspot.com/2016/08/august-and-september-blackboard-learn.html.
- Smart Classroom Workshops. On Friday, September 9th, ITD will be offering a Smart Classroom workshop from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. in Danvers Health, DH227. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP to email@example.com.
- Read the Learning, Education, Technology and Support (LETS) Blog at http://nscclets.blogspot.com/. ITD’s goal with this blog is to provide an informative and useful resource for faculty and staff by highlighting events, spotlighting projects, and presenting current information around instructional technology while also providing a growing pool of resources, recommendations, tools, and materials for teaching and learning purposes.
- "Like" the North Shore Community College Instructional Technology and Design page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/myNSCC.acadtech. On the Instructional Technology and Design Facebook page, ITD provides information about upcoming professional development opportunities, links to interesting articles on integrating technology into the teaching and learning environment, and presents tips on using the various instructional technology resources.
- Using Grading Policies to Promote Learning
Share Teaching Resources or Professional Development Opportunities
If you have any teaching resources that you would like to share with other NSCC faculty or know of any other professional development opportunities that NSCC faculty might be interested in, please feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share them in the upcomimg issues of iDevelop.
We hope you enjoy this weekly eNewsletter and would love your input. Please let us know if you have any feedback on the format, content, and resources or if there is anything else you would like to see in the eNewsletter.
Good luck with the start of the semester!
Instructional Technology and Design and the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment