Information on how to access the 20 Minute Mentor sessions is available each week in the Bulletin.
New video presentations go live at 10:00am each Monday morning and are only accessible through Sunday. Presentation handouts and supplementary materials are always available.
The following sessions are on the schedule for spring 2014. For session descriptions, objectives, and mentor bios, click on the titles below.
- January 27th - How Can I Create Meaningful Assignments for My Students?
- February 3rd - How Can Backward Design Make My Courses More Accessible?
- February 10th - How Can I Effectively Teach Unprepared Students?
- February 17th - How Should I Manage Conflict Within My Department?
- February 24th - How Can I Set Time Management Priorities in Online Teaching?
- March 3rd - How Can I Use Discussion to Facilitate Learning?
- March 10th - What Are the Three Worst Mistakes to Make in the Classroom?
- March 17th - How Can I Be an Effective Mentor?
- March 24th - How Can I Make the Activities in My Course More Inclusive?
- March 31st - How Do I Set Students Up for Success in Online Courses?
- April 7th - How Can I Make My Multiple Choice Tests More Effective?
- April 14th - How Can I Get Students to Take Responsibility for Their Own Learning?
- April 21st - How Can I Connect Students' Interests to Course Content?
- April 28th - How Do I Prepare a SoTL Article for Publication?
- May 5th - How Can I Use Technology to Create Custom Automated Feedback?
- May 12th - How Can Rubrics Make Grading Easier and Faster?