20 Minute Online Professional Development
The Monday Morning Mentor series will be available over the spring semester to bring you professional development in twenty minute snippets. The topic for the week of March 27th is How Can I Evaluate Online Teaching If I Haven’t Taught Online? Even though the focus of this session is on evaluating online teaching, there is a lot of interesting information presented about successful online teaching practices that may be of interest. The presentation is available Monday at 10:00am and is accessible through Sunday of that week. For information on accessing the presentation and supplemental materials, please view the Bulletin or the email version of iDevelop.
More information about this session (including description, topics, and learning goals) is available at http://www.magnapubs.com/online
Looking for transcripts of past Monday Morning Mentor sessions? Please email email@example.com with the session title and we can provide you with the transcript and supplementary materials.
Other Professional Development Opportunities
- Massachusetts Community College Teaching, Learning, & Student Development Conference. This year’s Massachusetts Community College TL&SD Conference, titled Education for All, will be held on April 7, 2017 at Massasoit Community College in Brockton, MA. Register by March 31st at http://massasoit.mass.edu/tlsd-conference/index.
- Open Education Week Webinars. All week, during Open Education Week, there will be a variety of webinars offered to learn more about open educational resources. Check out the list of webinars offered by members of the Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources at https://www.cccoer.org/2017/01/09/open-education-week-march-27-31-2017/.
Upcoming Webinars of Interest
- Collaboration: Connect With Me (NISOD and Cengage Learning Collaboration, part of the Striving for Excellence series). "In our global world, what methods do we use to communicate and are those methods effective? Join this webinar and collaborate on ways to connect students with us, each other, and course content!". Tuesday, March 28, 2017 from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST. Register at https://shop.nisod.org/webinar-series/register.php?id=96&code=4683617549459044611.
- Peer Review Guide for Online Courses at Penn State
- Seven Principles of Effective Teaching: A Practical Lens for Evaluating Online Courses
March 27-31 is Open Education Week, a "celebration of the global Open Education Movement to raise awareness about the movement and its impact on teaching and learning worldwide." More information about Open Education Week can be found at https://www.openeducationweek.org/.
During this week, team members from our Open Textbook Initiative will be hosting OER Awareness Tables for faculty and students to learn more about open educational resources and the Affordable @ NSCC program. We will have sample open textbooks from OpenStax to review.
- Monday March 27th from 11:00am to 1:00pm in Lynn outside of the Café
- Tuesday March 28th from 11:00am to 1:00pm in Lynn outside of the Café
- Wednesday March 29th from 11:00am to 1:00pm in Danvers in the Lobby outside of the Café
- Thursday March 30th from 11:00am to 1:00pm in Danvers in the Lobby outside of the Café
Share Teaching Resources or Professional Development Opportunities
If you have any teaching resources that you would like to share with other NSCC faculty or know of any other professional development opportunities that NSCC faculty might be interested in, please feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share them in the upcomimg issues of iDevelop.
We hope you have enjoyed this weekly eNewsletter and would love your input. Please let us know if you have any feedback on the format, content, and resources or if there is anything else you would like to see in the eNewsletter.
Center for Teaching, Learning, and Innovation