- Instructional Design – ITD team members work with faculty to explore the pedagogical benefits of incorporating technology into the teaching and learning environment. ITD team members also work with faculty to design online and blended courses.
- Distance Learning Support – ITD team members provide support to faculty in teaching online and blended courses, to students who are taking online and blended courses, and to the college community in using the learning management system (ANGEL).
- Classroom Technology Support – ITD team members work with faculty to effectively utilize the technology that is found in or can be brought into the majority of the classrooms at NSCC.
- Professional Development Opportunities – ITD members offer a variety of one-on-one and group sessions to faculty on various instructional technology applications and on best practices and strategies for integrating technology into teaching and learning.
- Research on New Technologies – ITD members research new technologies and assess possible pedagogical impacts and work with faculty to explore and select appropriate technologies that meet particular learning goals and objectives.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Instructional Technology and Design at North Shore Community College
Instructional Technology and Design is one of two components within the Academic Technology department at North Shore Community College. The role of Instructional Technology and Design is to support faculty in their utilization of technology to enhance the teaching and learning environment. Our ultimate goal is to have an impact on student learning and success by providing services to faculty that facilitate the integration of technology into the curriculum. To achieve this goal, Instructional Technology and Design offers the following services: