20 Minute Online Professional Development: How Can I Use Technology to Improve Learning?
The Monday Morning Mentor series will be available over the fall semester to bring you professional development in twenty minute snippets. The topic for the week of September 28th is How Can I Use Technology to Improve Learning? The presentation is available Monday at 10:00am and is accessible through Sunday of that week. For information on accessing the presentation and supplemental materials, please view the Bulletin or the email version of iDevelop.
More information about this session (including description, topics, and learning goals) is available at http://www.magnapubs.com/online/mentor/how-can-i-use-technology-to-improve-learning-13419-1.html. The complete fall schedule of Monday Morning Mentor sessions is available at http://nscclets.blogspot.com/2015/08/20-minute-mentor-online-faculty.html.
Other Professional Development Opportunities
- Who am I? Diversity Event. As part of the DiverCity Series, NSCC is hosting a panel discussion on Identity & Acculturation with guest speaker Aviva Chomsky. The event will take place on Tuesday, September 29th from 11:00am-1:00pm in the Lynn Gym and Thursday, October 1st from 11:00am-1:00pm in Danvers MS106B.
- Grading in Blackboard Learn Workshop. ITD will be holding a workshop for NSCC faculty on Tuesday, September 29th from 2:30pm to 4:00pm in Danvers, DB201, and in Lynn, LW305, on the options for grading in Blackboard Learn. To RSVP for this workshop, please visit this web site: https://goo.gl/J5ngLA.
- ITD’s Learning, Education, Technology and Support (LETS) Blog
- Faculty Focus—Teaching with Technology Articles
- EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) 7 Things You Should Know About Series
- Integrating Instructional Technology into Your Courses
In what ways have you meaningfully integrated instructional technology into your courses? What instructional technology tools do you use most frequently? How have you used instructional technology to enhance the learning and expand the classroom? How do you use instructional technology to connect students with each other? Send an email with your teaching strategies, best practices, resources, and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share them in the next few issues of iDevelop.
If you are interested in discussing strategies and best practices around integrating technology into the teaching and learning environment, please contact ITD at email@example.com. We would be happy to brainstorm ideas.
We hope you enjoy this weekly eNewsletter and would love your input. Please let us know if you have any feedback on the format, content, and resources or if there is anything else you would like to see in the eNewsletter.
Instructional Technology and Design and the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment