Monday, August 24, 2015

20 Minute Mentor - Online Faculty Professional Development - Fall 2015 Schedule

The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment (CTLA) and  Instructional Technology and Design (ITD) have partnered up again to bring faculty a professional development series from Magna Publications, called the 20 Minute Mentor. The goal of the  20 Minute Mentor series is to offer faculty practical professional development opportunities in twenty minute snippets that can be accessed from anywhere and at any time during the given week. Session topics cover the areas of student engagement, teaching and learning, teaching online, assessment and learning goals, and classroom management.

Information on how to access the 20 Minute Mentor sessions is available each week in the Bulletin and the iDevelop e-newsletter.

New video presentations (with supplementary materials) go live at 10:00am each Monday morning and are only accessible through Sunday. 

Banner with "Got 20 Minutes?  Then you have time to learn with the Monday Morning Mentor!"

The following sessions are on the schedule for fall 2015.  
  • August 24th - How Do I Use VoiceThread for Online Student Discussions?
  • August 31st - What If a Student Asks a Question I Can't Answer?
  • September 7th - What Should I Do When a Student Cheats?
  • September 14th - How Can I Measure My Faculty Development Center's Impact?
  • September 21st - What is the Best Way to Grade Participation?
  • September 28th - How Can I Use Technology to Improve Learning?
  • October 5th - How Do I Create a Climate for Learning in My Classroom?
  • October 12th - Can Service-Learning Work in My Discipline?
  • October 19th - What Can I Learn From Student Ratings?
  • October 26th - How Can I Reduce Apathy and Increase Motivation?
  • November 2nd - How Do I Get Started with Service-Learning?
  • November 9th - How Can I Connect Students' Interests to Course Content?
  • November 16th - How Can I Better Manage Difficult Conversations with Faculty?
  • November 23rd - How Can I Build a Successful Faculty Development Program?
  • November 30th - In Blended Courses, What Should Students Do Online?
  • December 7th - How Do I Design Courses to Enhance Student Veterans' Success? 
We would love to hear your feedback on the usefulness of these sessions. Please send your input to itd@northshore.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment