Information on how to access the 20 Minute Mentor sessions is available each week in the Bulletin and the iDevelop e-newsletter.
New video presentations (with supplementary materials) go live at 10:00am each Monday morning and are only accessible through Sunday.
The following sessions are on the schedule for spring 2016. For session descriptions, objectives, and mentor bios, click on the titles below.
- January 25 - How Do Master Teachers Create a Positive Classroom?
- February 1 - How Do I Assign Students to Groups?
- February 8 - How Do I Get Students to Come to Class Prepared?
- February 15 - What Key Concepts Improve Student Learning and Memory?
- February 22 - How Do I Create Engaging Threaded Discussion Questions?
- February 29 - How Can I Effectively Use Class Preparation Assignments?
- March 7 - How Can I Make the Activities in My Course More Inclusive?
- March 14 - How Do I Build Community in My Classroom?
- March 21 - How Do I Give Feedback that Improves Student Writing?
- March 28 - How Can I Enhance Class Using Story, Popular Media and Objects?
- April 4 - How Do I Prepare a SoTL Article for Publication?
- April 11 - What Key Factors Influence Test Performance?
- April 18 - How Do Prepared Students Change the Way I Teach?
- April 25 - Is Your Syllabus Sending the Wrong Message?
- May 2 - How Can I Transform My Tests into Learning Tools?
- May 9 - How Can Students Use Self-Compassion to Reduce Test Anxiety?