Information on how to access the 20 Minute Mentor sessions is available each week in the Bulletin and the iDevelop e-newsletter.
New video presentations (with supplementary materials) go live at 10:00am each Monday morning and are only accessible through Sunday.
The following sessions are on the schedule for fall 2016. For session descriptions, objectives, and mentor bios, click on the titles below.
- August 22nd - How Can I Communicate to Engage Students and Encourage Learning?
- August 29th - How Can I Develop Online Instructor Presence?
- September 5th - What is Essential in a Grading Policy?
- September 12th - How Can I Save Time and Money by Repurposing Online Content?
- September 19th - How Can I Avoid Communication “Misfires” with Students?
- September 26th - How Can I Encourage the Growth Mindset with Three Simple Tips?
- October 3rd - How Can I Design Critical Thinking into My Courses?
- October 10th - How Can I Use Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATs) Online?
- October 17th - How Can Course Design Help Prevent Online Cheating?
- October 24th - How Can I Assess Critical Thinking with Objective Items?
- October 31st - Beyond the Discussion Board: How Can I Engage Online Students?
- November 7th - How Can I Make Online Group Projects More Effective?
- November 14th - What Ethical Issues Lurk in My Grading Policy?
- November 21st - What Activities and Assignments Promote Critical Thinking?
- November 28th - How Can I Design Academic Integrity into My Online Programs?
- December 5th - How Can I Use Peer Mentoring to Improve Online Teaching?