The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Innovation (CTLI) offers faculty a professional development series from Magna Publications, called the Monday Morning 20-Minute Mentor. The goal of the Monday Morning 20 Minute Mentor series is to offer faculty practical professional development opportunities in twenty minute snippets that can be accessed from anywhere and at any time during the given week. Session topics cover the areas of student engagement, teaching and learning, teaching online, assessment and learning goals, and classroom management.
Information on how to access the Monday Morning 20 Minute Mentor sessions is available each week in the iDevelop e-newsletter.
New video presentations (with supplementary materials) go live at 10:00am each Monday morning and are only accessible through Sunday.
The following sessions are on the schedule for fall 2026. For session descriptions, objectives, and mentor bios, click on the titles below.
- Aug. 17, 2026 How Can I Use the First Day to Set the Tone for a Semester of Learning?
- Aug. 24, 2026 How Can I Create an Engaging, Student-Focused Syllabus?
- Aug. 31, 2026 From Boring to Broadcast-Ready: Using OBS to Create Online Class that Keep Students Coming Back
- Sep. 7, 2026 AI Toolboxes for Educators: Work Smarter, Teach Better
- Sep. 14, 2026 When and Why Do Students Engage with Course Readings?
- Sep. 21, 2026 How Do I Create Questions that Stimulate Engaging Conversations in Online Discussion Boards?
- Sep. 28, 2026 Mind-Body Practices to Help Faculty Manage Stress and Build Resilience
- Oct. 5, 2026 How to Create an AI Tutor for Your Class
- Oct. 12, 2026 What Are Practical Solutions for Managing My Online Teaching Workload?
- Oct. 19, 2026 How Can I Structure Class Discussions to Maximize Student Engagement?
- Oct. 26, 2026 How Can I Gauge Online Learning Through Engaging Activities and Assignments?
- Nov. 2, 2026 Teaching Time Management Through Peer Dialogue*
- Nov. 9, 2026 Why Should Students Struggle in an Age of Easy Answers?*
- Nov. 16, 2026 How Can I Write Better Exam Questions to Measure Student Performance and Learning?
- Nov. 23, 2026 How Can I Ensure Academic Integrity in the Online Classroom?
- Nov. 30, 2026 Make It Click: AI-Generated Explainers that Engage and Teach*
Programs denoted with * are still in production and will be finalized shortly.
We would love to hear your feedback on the usefulness of these sessions. Please send your input to ctli@northshore.edu.

No comments:
Post a Comment