New video presentations go live at 10:00am each Monday morning and are only accessible through Sunday. Presentation handouts and supplementary materials are always available.
The following sessions are on the schedule for fall 2012. For session descriptions and objectives, click on the titles below.
- September 17: Cell Phones, Laptops and Facebook: What Can I Do about Them?
- September 24: How Can I Use Informal Writing as Part of a Low-stakes Grading Strategy?
- October 1: What is Blended Learning?
- October 8: How Can Objects and Analogies Improve my Teaching?
- October 15: How Can I Promote Deep, Lasting Student Learning?
- October 22: How Do I Choose Between Synchronous and Asynchronous Activities?
- October 29: Peer Review of Online Teaching: What Works Best?
- November 5: Can I Safely Use Facebook with Students for Class Interaction?
- November 12: How Do I Stay Calm When Students Push My Buttons?
- November 19: How Can I Connect Students’ Interests to Course Content?
- November 26: In Blended Courses, What Should Students Do Online?
- December 3: How Can I Enhance Class Using Story, Popular Media and Objects?
- December 10: How Do I Address Teasing and Bullying Behavior in the Classroom?
We would love to hear your feedback on the usefulness of these sessions. Please send your input to firstname.lastname@example.org.