Our subscription to Magna Commons provides North Shore Community College faculty and staff with instant access to current and archived versions of the most popular Magna Online Seminars, covering a broad range of teaching and learning topics such as student engagement, technology and Web 2.0, grading and feedback, academic integrity, and course design. There are also a variety of seminars specifically targeted to faculty teaching in an online or hybrid environment. These seminars are delivered by educators from institutions across the county. Each online seminar presentation also comes with a PowerPoint handout, supplemental materials, and a transcript.
Sampling of the professional development titles available:
- Five Strategies to Engage Today’s Students
- Ten Ways to Actively Engage Your Students
- How to Deepen Learning through Critical Reflection
- Active Learning That Works: What Students Think
- Finding The Right Technology to Support Learning Outcomes
- Grading Strategies to Promote Student & Faculty Success
- Engage Online Students with Targeted Feedback
- Selecting and Using Technologies in Online and Blended Courses
- Best Practices for Designing Successful Blended Courses
For information on creating an account and accessing Magna Commons, please refer to the announcement in the Bulletin on October 9, 2012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy--and let us know if you check it out, some of your thoughts and experiences!