- How should desks or tables be arranged?
- Does it make sense to project on a screen or a whiteboard?
- What kind of flexibility exists for lighting in the room?
- How should I set those lights for note taking yet visibility of any projected materials?
- How should the shades in the room be positioned?
- Are there noise factors in the room? If so, how can they be minimized?
- Am I able to be mobile in the classroom as I present? How can I be less tethered to the podium in the room?
- What else gets in the way of great teaching and learning?
Here are some good links that address the issue of the learning space as it relates to good pedagogy:
What Makes A Great Learning Space?
Best Practices in Learning Space Design
What have you done in your classroom to minimize how environmental factors affect teaching and learning?
Please let us know how we can help you show your best teaching in the classroom by minimizing learning space issues. Contact us at email@example.com.