Monday, January 26, 2015

20 Minute Mentor - Online Faculty Professional Development - Spring Schedule

The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment and Academic Technology have partnered up again to bring faculty a professional development series from Magna Publications, called the 20 Minute Mentor. The goal of the 20 Minute Mentor series is to offer faculty practical professional development opportunities in twenty minute snippets that can be accessed from anywhere and at any time during the given week. Session topics cover the areas of student engagement, teaching and learning, teaching online, assessment and learning goals, and classroom management.

Information on how to access the 20 Minute Mentor sessions is available each week in the Bulletin and the iDevelop e-newsletter.

New video presentations (with supplementary materials) go live at 10:00am each Monday morning and are only accessible through Sunday.

The following sessions are on the schedule for spring 2015.
  • Jan. 26, 2015 What Kinds of Questions Encourage Student Interaction?
  • Feb. 2, 2015 How Should I Coach an Underperforming Colleague? 
  • Feb. 9, 2015 How Can I Minimize Cheating in the Classroom?
  • Feb. 16, 2015 How Do I Convert a F2F Course to a Hybrid Course?
  • Feb. 23, 2015 How Do I Use FLCs to Strengthen Institutional Assessment?
  • Mar. 2, 2015 How Do I Develop a High-Impact Capstone Course?
  • Mar. 9, 2015 How Can I Use Twitter to Improve Teaching and Learning?
  • Mar. 16, 2015 Are Group Exams a Viable Testing Option?
  • Mar. 23, 2015 I'­m Teaching Online Next Term. What Do I Have to Know?
  • Mar. 30, 2015 How Can I Help Students Develop Critical Thinking Skills?
  • Apr. 6, 2015 How Can I Use Student Feedback to Improve My Teaching?
  • Apr. 13, 2015 How Can I Incorporate a Group Poster Session into my Class?
  • Apr. 20, 2015 What Should I Do When a Student Challenges My Authority?
  • Apr. 27, 2015 How Can I Improve Lessons with a 4-step Plan?
  • May 4, 2015 What Works and What Doesn't When Teaching Large Classes?
  • May 11, 2015 How Can Google Docs Help Foster Productive Collaboration?
We would love to hear your feedback on the usefulness of these sessions. Please send your input to itd@northshore.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment