As outlined in the NSCC ANGEL Course Archive Policy, Academic Technology is in the process of archiving older ANGEL course sites and removing them from the ANGEL server. We wanted to provide faculty with advanced notice before any course sites are deleted from the ANGEL server.
Below is an outline of the timeline for deleting courses from the ANGEL server as well as from the archive.
- Course sites from Fall 2013 - Will be removed from the ANGEL server and placed in archive on February 1, 2015. Fall 2013 courses are scheduled to be permanently deleted from archive on June 1, 2018.
- Course sites from Summer 2010 - Will be permanently deleted from the archive on February 1, 2015.
If you would like to retain these course sites for a longer period of time, you have the option of generating your own archive and there are several available options for storage, including:
- Your P: Drive network folder (only accessible on campus)
- Your Google Drive, accessible through the your NSCC email account
- A personal storage medium, i.e. USB drive, portable hard disk, computer, CD
- External cloud storage solutions, available at little to no cost (such as Dropbox or SkyDrive)
Directions for generating your own course archive (content and student data) are available at: http://goo.gl/jpO5R. Staff members from Instructional Technology and Design will be available to assist you in archiving your ANGEL course sites. If you need assistance, please email the ANGEL Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.